Introduction To The Classification Of Cables
1. 10Base-T: The twisted pair-wire cable generally uses RJ-45 connectors; Its maximum effective transmission distance is 100 m from the hub. Even the high-quality 5-type twisted pair-wire can only reach a 150-meter distance. Its matching resistance is 120 ohms.
2. 10Base5: The thick coaxial cable adopts plug-in connectors and baseband signals; Its maximum support segment length is 500m, with the maximum 100 segments. Its matching resistance is 75 ohms.
3. 10Base2: The thin coaxial cable has a connector of T-shaped socket made of BNC connectors in line with industrial standards ; Its maximum length is a segment of 200 meters, connected by no more than 30 computers. The maximum number of segments is 30. Its matching resistance is 50 ohms.
4. 100Base: If over 5 type twisted pair-wires are used, its segment length could reach up to 100 meters.
5. 100Base-FX: Use a pair of multi-mode or single-mode optical fibers. When the multi-mode optical fiber is used, the distance between the computer and the hub can be up to 2 km, while the single-mode optical fiber is used, the maximum distance between climbs to 10 km.
6. 1000Base-T: If over 5 twisted pair-wires are used, its segment length could reach up to 100 meters.
7. 1000Base-F: Use a multi-mode or single-mode fiber. When the multi-mode fiber is used, the distance from the computer to the hub can be up to 300 to 550m (500m) and up to 3km when the single-mode fiber is used.